How Well Do You Know Your Constitution?
July 19, 2010 Leave a comment
Elected Officials and Candidates are invited to a non-partisan two-day course on the U.S. Constitution.
The public is also welcome.
What: Discover our founders’ worldview of law and government. Obtain a working knowledge of the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights in this enlightening course.
Topics will include:
– the history of the United States leading to the Declaration of Independence.
– the beliefs of our Founding Fathers and their Five-Fold Formula.
– the drafting of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the amendments.
After each topic there will be Q&A.
Who: Instructor: Pastor David Whitney, Senior Instructor for Institute on the Constitution.
Institute on the Constitution is an educational effort through the law office of Peroutka & Peroutka of Pasadena, MD that intends to reconnect Americans to the history of the American Republic and to their heritage of freedom under law.
When: Friday, July 30, 5:00-9:00pm [Doors open at 4:30]
& Saturday, July 31, 9:00am-9:00pm [Includes 1 hr break for dinner]
Where: 12 Carroll Street, Westminster, Maryland 21157.
Enter the side door in side parking lot (next to Carroll Street Solar).
Parking also available at Carroll Lutheran Church parking lot.
Why: Elected officials swear to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution against all enemies – foreign and domestic. To properly uphold and defend the Constitution, we must first thoroughly understand it. Pastor Whitney says: “We can restore our Constitutional Republic only if we have a working knowledge of the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights.”
We will be happy to publicize the name of candidates and elected officials who complete this course.
Payment Options: Cost is $35
1. Pay by Credit Card– Select the desired amount of tickets in the “Quantity” field and click “Order Now” above to pay by credit card.
2. Pay by Check– Select the desired amount of tickets in the “Quantity” field and click on “Show other payment options,” then “Pay Offline” and then “Pay by Check.”
Reserve your seat early as we expect a full house. (Registration Below)
Organized by Suzanne Hill of Ron Smith Show Fans and Kathy Fuller of Carroll County Republican Women’s Club.